Friday 16 February 2018

ODG076 : Boxface / Doors


Cover art by Boxface


ODG076 : Boxface / Doors

Matthew James, aka Boxface, returns with a new album! 
Doors is an instrumental, genre-bending voyage through lush sonic landscapes, down dark, distant hallways, and past the outer reaches of infinite space.
Though there are still angry and powerful piece typically Boxface, this time except for one song, there is no vocals. 10 instrumental pieces going through many genres, from psychedelic to prog to electronics to folk to... here is to you to discover which facette of Boxface you like best! I'm for all his styles!!!


Boxface

A note from Boxface:
"This piece has an interesting history. It wasn't originally supposed to be a Boxface album at all. I wanted to explore the different aspects of sound and to do so, I imagined walking down a hallway lined with doors. Each door I would walk through would transport me to a unique auditory realm. I walked through fields of wheat, lifted into space where I found myself isolated in the cold cosmos, and buried myself in walls of relentless pummeling distortion. The more invested into this project I became, the more I started to realize that this project had taken on a life of its own. It had the weight of a full LP and must be treated as such. To cap off the 9 song suite of shorter pieces, I added 2 pieces that culminated everything learned on this journey. Pools takes the softer, ambient side, and Infinity fills the air with everything loud and raucous while also serving as a tribute to stoner metal anthems. I poured my sweat and blood into this release, and I hope you allow yourself to become immersed in the journey it entices."
-Boxface

Digital release on the 16th of February 2018.

Track listing:


1: Doors
2: Sedona
3: Angelicals
4: Liftoff!
5: Cosmos
6: Pond
7: Flux
8: Caterpillar
9: Threadbare
10: Pools
11: Infinity





And in Bandcamp:

No comments: