Friday 5 May 2023

ODG170 : Leonhard Huhn / The well electrified saxophone

 


Cover photo by Joanna Broda  


ODG170: Leonhard Huhn / The well electrified saxophone

Leonhard (see also ODG145) about his album:

"Ten years of experimentation and research lie behind me: bending sound spectra, adding harmonics or mixing oscillators and pitchshifting, varying spaces by an electronified „saxophone cyborg“. Based on the natural sound of the saxophone and its handling without loops or overdubs. My solo album "The well electrified saxophone" presents the first results of my new „cyborg“. I play it the way I create my music on the wind instrument by breath. Control voltages serve as additional synapses, a second brain so to speak. They extend the modulation of the electronics while I am limited to two hands.

The nine songs were created during long improvisations and sound researches in 2020. My „cyborg“ and circle around a musical idea until we bring it to an essence and record a final version. The titel of the songs tell the stories of my visual journeys while playing."


Leonhard Huhn - alto saxophone, (semi) modular electronics, voice
Recorded in 2020, mixed and mastered by Leonhard Huhn

Digital release on the 5th of May 2023.

Track listing:

1: Welcome
2: Really
3: Gone into a red dimension
4: Can you see their tongue?
5: Schreitende Glocken
6: Living at a train station
7: Bug on a wire
8: Yesterday's always free
9: Lithium Branch

Itunes, Spotify, etc.:


And on Bandcamp:

No comments: