Friday 12 October 2018

ODG092 : Boxface / Intermission Pieces, Vol. 1


The artwork is an edited version of Black Lines by Vasily Kandinsky


ODG092 : Boxface / Intermission Pieces, Vol. 1

Volume 1 of 2 from American musician Boxface (see also the magnificent ODG066 'Life is Fluid' and the subtil ODG076 'Doors'), 'Intermission' is a collection of different moods and genres. No better one than Boxface himself to talk about his album:

"Intermission Pieces is the result of a lack of time in a busy portion in my life to sit down and work over every detail of a track. The music created here is 100% improvisational and combines drone music, noise, and field recordings to create an environment filled with many microsounds to explore. The acoustic parts found on Oh Love and Love Returning were created without forethought, as in I hit record before even picking up the guitar. Everything put onto the canvas of my music software is a first-take. I went in trusting myself with every sound I created, allowing the moment to control the pieces. In doing so I managed to capture the mood of the room and the emotions I put into it. I highly suggest giving this a listen in headphones as there are many details to uncover. I have named it Volume One as I plan to return to this space one day and capture another moment of my life. Until next time. -Boxface"

Volume 2 will be available on the 19/10/2018.

Digital release on the 12th of October 2018.

Track listing:

1: Smattering
2: Blown Out
3: Oh Love
4: Stardust
5: Let the Capitalists Run to Their Bunkers in Fear
6: Morphine
7: Pink
8: Love Returning​ / ​the Abyss



And on Bandcamp:

No comments: