Wednesday 9 June 2021

OVX003 : Ayumi Satake - Yuna Watarase / Vexations Vol.3

 


Cover art by A.L.



OVX003 : Ayumi Satake - Yuna Watarase / Vexations Vol.3

佐竹あゆみ/Ayumi Satake is a Japanese pharmacist.
What she says about her proposal:

"I don't play much music, but I go to listen to it a lot.
I wanted to hear the sound of a flowing river, so I went on a trip with the music box.
I saw the footprints of Japanese macaques. The pheasant was walking. The raccoon dog ran away. The deer was eating the leaves.
Above the clouds,
I heard the sound."

Ayumi San






Yuna Watarase (curator/cosplayer).
What she says about her proposal:

"I participated in the event with Organetta II and organito(Music box). I think it was difficult to play because it is an instrument that anyone can play easily. I wondered if I could properly connect the slurs to the next person. Would I be able to make the most of the charm of the organetta II and organito while the other participants showed their individuality by playing in a jazz style? I was filled with anxiety from the time I decided to participate until the day of the event. Once we started, it was a lot of fun and I think I reconfirmed the original appeal of music, which is to "enjoy" sound. I would definitely like to participate in a similar event if it is held again."

She graduated from Tsurumi University, Faculty of Literature, Department of Cultural Properties. During her studies, she studied Hojo Saburo (Uesugi Kagetora). Currently, she has a passion for the Date and Katakura families.
She started cosplaying because she hates the existence of "herself" and wants to be someone other than herself. Mainly cosplays Midare Toshiro (Touken Ranbu) and Ranka Lee (MACROSS Frontier).

Due to her troubled personality, she doesn't like to practice and loves to perform (ensemble), so she can't keep up with her instrumental lessons and has dabbled in various instruments such as piano, percussion, and flute. She loves "La vallée des cloches" ("The Valley of Bells") from Maurice Ravel's suite "Miroirs".


Yuna San





渡良瀬 ゆな(学芸員/コスプレイヤー)
鶴見大学文学部文化財学科卒業。在学中は北条三郎(上杉景虎)を研究。現在は伊達家、片倉家にお熱。“自分“という存在が嫌いで、自分じゃない誰かになりたいとコスプレを始める。主にコスプレするのは乱藤四郎(刀剣乱舞)とランカ・リー(マクロスF)。

練習嫌いの本番(合奏)好きという困った性格のため、楽器のレッスンが続かず、ピアノ、打楽器、フルートなど様々な楽器に手を出している。モーリス・ラヴェルの組曲『鏡』の『鐘の谷』が大好き。

Vexations 感想
私はオルガネッタⅡ型とオルガニートで参加させていただきました。誰でも簡単に演奏できる楽器だからこそ、演奏は難しかったように思います。きちんと次の方にスラーを繋げられるのか。ジャズ風の演奏などで他の参加者が個性を出しているなか、私がオルガネッタⅡ型やオルガニートの魅力を最大限活かす演奏が出来るのか。参加を決めてから当日まで、不安でいっぱいでした。始まってみると楽しくて、「“音”を“楽しむ”」という音楽本来の魅力を再確認したように思います。次にまた同じような企画を行うのであれば、ぜひ参加したいです。

Bandcamp only release on the 9th of June 2021.

Track listing:

1: Ayumi Satake: 20x Vexations - Musical Box
2: Yuna Watarase : 20 x Vexations - Organetta (barrel organ)


No comments: