Wednesday 23 June 2021

OVX005 : Taro Yoshihara / Vexations Vol.5

 


Cover art by A.L.




OVX005 : Taro Yoshihara / Vexations Vol.5

What Taro says about his proposal:

"On February 3, 2021, I attended the Vexations performance and had a shocking experience.
The experience was like being absorbed into the score. It made me think again about the effects of sound on the body and mind.
On March 27, I recorded in the studio without an operator, so I had to go back and forth between the recording booth and the control room many times.
I used a Kawai piano and RODE microphones for recording.
I usually do a lot of sound processing, but this time I didn't add anything, and recorded it as it was."

Taro YOSHIHARA (1968) lives and works in Yamanashi Prefecture.
He studied electro acoustics at Ina-GRM in 2001.
He is involved in the acoustic design and management of electroacoustic concerts.

Taro San






[制作ノート]
2021年2月3日、Vexations上演に参加し、衝撃的な体験をした。スコアに吸い込まれるような体験であった。音が心身へ及ぼす影響についてあらためて考えさせられた。3月27日、オペレーター不在でスタジオで録音したため、何度も録音ブースと調整室を往復した。録音はカワイのピアノ、RODEのマイクを使用した。普段は加工ばかりしているが、今回は何も加えず、ありのままを録音した。

プロフィール
吉原太郎 Taro YOSHIHARA 1968-
山梨県在住。
2001年Ina-GRMで電子音響を学ぶ。
電子音響コンサートの音響設計や運営に携わる。

Bandcamp only release on the 23th of June 2021.

Track listing:

1: 40x Vexations - Kawai piano, Rode microphones



No comments: