Friday 12 November 2021

OJP063 : Tetsuroh Konishi / Scenes

 


Cover art by Tetsuroh Konishi, pic by 'ma_fui'


OJP063 : Tetsuroh Konishi / Scenes

New beautiful album from Tetsuroh San ( in solo: OJP001OJP002OJP027OJP052 and OJP059, in duo with Ai Kisaragi : OJP021 and OJP034, as a guest on Morgen Wurde albums: OCD027OCD040 and OCD045, and on the various artists on the OJP050) inspired by Mika Kaurismäki and Finland. Enjoy!

What Tetsuroh says about his album:

"COVID19 pandemic started in 2019. Live performance was my main job but it was all gone. I had a lot of time and thought a lot. I originally became a composer because I wanted to do music for theater and video but I forgot about it until the pandemic took away my performance opportunities. I've made music for radio and television before but I've never tried my hand at film music. So I sent my work to many filmmakers. The first person who replied to me was the Finnish director Mika Kaurismäki, a master of the film world. From there I began to create music inspired by the film. Many of the songs on this album have Finnish titles because they are inspired by Mika Kaurismäki's films and the landscapes of Finland and Lapland. These songs have not yet been used in a film but "Kevään ääniä" was chosen for Mika Kaurismäki's 2020 film "Gracious Night. The last song "Street Horizon" was composed with the image of a modern big city."


Tetsuroh San

Mika Kaurismäki

Digital release on the 19th of November 2021.

Track listing:

1: Sininen Hetki
2: Doaiva
3: Aamunkoitto
4: Lokki Taivas
5: Sumuwav
6: Tuulahdus ja Puro
7: Cloud Line
8: Lumi Putoaa
9: Kevaan Aania
10: Diamond Dust Morning Light
11: The Water Fairy
12: Hiljainen Vuori
13: Sateinen Katu
14: The Way
15: Street Horizon
          

And on Bandcamp:

No comments: