Monday 27 April 2020

OUW011 : Blaine L. Reininger / Mantras


Cover art by A.L.



OUW011 : Blaine L. Reininger / Mantras


Mantra and Me
"The mantra Om Mani Pädme Hum is easy to say yet quite powerful, because it contains the essence of the entire teaching. When you say the first syllable Om it is blessed to help you achieve perfection in the practice of generosity, Ma helps perfect the practice of pure ethics, and Ni helps achieve perfection in the practice of tolerance and patience. Pä, the fourth syllable, helps to achieve perfection of perseverance, Me helps achieve perfection in the practice of concentration, and the final sixth syllable Hum helps achieve perfection in the practice of wisdom.
"So in this way recitation of the mantra helps achieve perfection in the six practices from generosity to wisdom. The path of these six perfections is the path walked by all the Buddhas of the three times. What could then be more meaningful than to say the mantra and accomplish the six perfections?"
— Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Heart Treasure of the Enlightened Ones[33]

"I have had this mantra with me for many years. I first became aware of it through the channel of Ram Dass, when I was about 18. It has stayed with me, an ever-cycling theme of my awareness, meditating, sleeping, cycling, on the bus, at the dentist.
It had been difficult to find musical renditions of this mantra which were more in keeping with Western musical taste, not annoyingly clangy and syrupy Asian pop, so I decided to make some of my own for people to use in their lives. The fact that the music would appear on CD’s and spin around like a 21st Century prayer wheel was also appealing. 
So, I hand them over to you to use as you see fit."
Om Mani Padme Hum
Blaine L. Reininger
Athens, 2020
Blaine - Athens 2020

" I've had those mantras on my computers for a few years now and listen time to time to them when doing exercices or under stress when finishing an urgent job... I thought that in those uncertain times, it was a good opportunity to share them to the rest of the world, hoping that they could be of some inspiration for some or healing for others. I thank Blaine for letting me put them on line on the Off Bandcamp" Alain Lefebvre

Bandcamp only digital release on the 27th of April 2020.

Track listing:

1: Tubten
2: Veil of Thoughts
3: Maha mantra
4: Om Mani Spring
5: Rimpoche
6: Om Mani Padme Hum 1
7: Om Mani Padme Hum 2

Bandcamp:

No comments: